Take Back The Night will take place on September 21st, 2016.
For the past several years Carleton Place has been host to one of the most well-attended rural Take Back the Night Marches in Canada. Even on the soggiest of nights local residents turn out with their banners and noise-makers in record numbers. All to demand that a womanʼs right to walk our streets safely be upheld.
The Take Back The Night, march, an event that focuses on ending violence against women. Take Back the Night events take place across North America. They are designed to raise the awareness of safety issues for women and children. This march protests harassment, sexual abuse, and assault.
Why is the Take Back the Night March Necessary?
Women are much more likely to feel worried or unsafe about their personal security. The overall message of the Take Back the Night observances and protests around the world is, Women are still not safe from male violence.
- Because moreso than men, many women feel we need to modify our activities or routines or avoid certain places to protect ourselves from crime
- Because we more often feel we need to lock our doors when alone
- Because we more carefully plan routes with safety in mind
- Because we check the back seat of our parked cars before we get in
- Because incidents of rape and assault are not decreasing. They are in fact increasing
- Because women are often told to be extra careful and take precautions when going out at night.
- Because in some parts of the world, even today, women are not allowed out at night.
This is a family friendly event for all to join!! We hope to see you there!!
Wednesday, September 21th, 2016 | 6 to 8 pm
Event location :
Carleton Place ON
Please contact Brianne Luckasavitch at 613-257-3469
E-mail contact : email@example.com
Website : www.lcih.org/events/